The Rounds: Nadia Batson opened a new boutique in Trinidad

>> Monday, December 22, 2008

Good Evening Soca Lovers,


I'm Nurse Karen and these are Dr. Jay's Rounds. Before I get started, I want to offer you my sincerest apologies for leaving you hanging last week. As I was making my rounds last Sunday, there was a family emergency that I had to come first. I really appreciate your understanding, ant the prayers and support of everyone who rallied around us, and I'm happy to say everything is cool and copacetic.

As we think of family, especially at this festive time of year, there are a couple of important anniversaries that the world-wide soca family is marking this week. Tuesday coming will make two years of marriage for Bunji Garlin and Faye-Ann Lyons.


Faye-Ann and Bunji in St. Vincent in July



This past Friday will made four years since the tragic passing of Burning Flames frontline vocalist Onika Peaches Bostic. Had she survived the tragic car accident that led to her untimely death, Onika would be celebrating her 29th birthday on December 23rd. Peaches, we still remember your spirit, your smile and your songs. You will be dearly missed.

Awesome news out of Trinidad for Miss Nadia Batson! The Caribbean Queen launched a business in the Trincity Mall last Tuesday. Her new boutique is called Fashion over Style, and in spite of hard economic times, it seems like the opening was even more successful than she anticipated with stock flying right off the shelves. I say, congratulations on the new business venture. Wishing Nadia prosperity in abundance for 2009!

With Nadia at Soca or Die in Toronto last month



As I speak, our Crucian friends are gearing up to kick off the second annual St. Croix Party Monarch Competition. The 2007 winner was Toby Dee. He's back to defend his crown against 13 Monarch hopefuls including Omari Ferrari. Check back with me soon. I'll tell yuh what happens.

So much to say...precious little time. But if you're curious, it's stuff to do with....Patrice Roberts and Mavado. Mm hmm! Machel Montano and Universal Music. Mm hmm! A video that's pure "Fyah" from Kevin Lyttle and a "Tight" one from Peter Ram.

I'm Nurse Karen and those were Dr. Jay's Rounds. If you want to follow these and other interesting soca industry news and gossip, check me out online at the Nurse Karen Etc blog at triple w dot mustard seeds dot net. And never miss the rounds. Download the podcast to go at socatherapy dot com slash podcast. Now back to de docta!

1 x 2 cents (comment, nuh!):

Jacob December 27, 2008 at 2:44 AM  

my God! That beautiful black! my congratulations on your beauty!

SUBSCRIBE...

Enter your email address, to receive a daily update by email:

Delivered by (Nurse) Karen (Etc)

subcribe in a reader

Add to Google


Donate

CONTACT DE NURSE

Do you have news you think we should know about? Do you want to share your opinion about something your read on (Nurse) Karen (Etc). Call de Nurse for free from anywhere in the US or Canada! Click below to connect her phone to yours...

Follow (ETC)!

  © Nurse Karen Etc Nurse Karen Etc by Mustard Seed Media 2005 - 2009

Back to TOP