The Prognosis - December 25, 2005

>> Sunday, December 25, 2005

Soca Prognosis
Karen Richardson
December 25, 2005
407

Good Evening Soca lovers and Merry Christmas too…
It’s your resident Nurse, Karen, bringing you your weekly PROGNOSIS….
It’s finally here! Christmas Day is upon us, and everybody getting nothing - but de best. People always telling me they’re sorry I have to work, but I don’t mind it at all. My rounds are just about done for the day, but I may have to get my stomach pumped, so I could eat a little more.

This just in: The very best ginger beer was tasted in Brampton only minutes ago. I think I better verify my sources.

St. Kitts and Nevis is still blazing with soca. Calypso finals are around the corner and they’ve whiddled the list of competitors down to seven. Christmas Eve marked the one of the hottest events on the carnival calendar: Party Monarch competition. The best local soca acts took to the stage. The women will have their moment in the sun on Tuesday night for the Female Calypso Bacchanal .

In Montserrat, they just named a new soca monarch too. But between carol singing and feting for festival, those people too busy to tell me who. Must be nice….

They’re not the only ones….While you’re at home fighting up for the last bowl of souse, the town of Bridgeport Connecticut is making plans to add a dash of Caribbean spice to their annual first night celebrations. Local pan men, the Royalty Steel Pan Band will be ringing in the new year in a program that includes reggae, Latin rock, jazz and Irish folk music. I doh so sure how to dance all ah dat…but a little pan never hurt anybody.

Everybody knows Marcia Miranda and Scrunter want a piece of pork for de Christmas. And by now, is more than one piece they done eat. But many west Indians, particulary Seventh Day Adventists and Muslims will not be boiling down a salty ham today. Choice Cuts butcher shop in Chaguanas, Trinidad made sure to stock up on pork-free alternatives this weekend. Whether its Wild meat, roast duck, curried duck, lamb chops, curried goat, baked chicken, stewed beef, stewed chicken…it’s a blessing to celebrate the holidays with the soca parang pumping and your belly full. As for me…I still looking for de ham. Merry Christmas!

I’m Nurse Karen, and that’s your weekly prognosis.

Send your comments to Soca at FLOW 935 DOT COM. Ah gone.
Now back to de Docta

0 x 2 cents (comment, nuh!):

SUBSCRIBE...

Enter your email address, to receive a daily update by email:

Delivered by (Nurse) Karen (Etc)

subcribe in a reader

Add to Google


Donate

CONTACT DE NURSE

Do you have news you think we should know about? Do you want to share your opinion about something your read on (Nurse) Karen (Etc). Call de Nurse for free from anywhere in the US or Canada! Click below to connect her phone to yours...

Follow (ETC)!

  © Nurse Karen Etc Nurse Karen Etc by Mustard Seed Media 2005 - 2009

Back to TOP