The Rounds - April 16, 2006

>> Sunday, April 16, 2006

Dr. Jay’s Rounds
Karen Richardson
April 16, 2006
Good Evening Soca lovers! I’m Nurse Karen and these are Dr. Jay’s Rounds.
A happy Easter to one and all…and to those who are celebrating something else, I hope allyuh happy too. I find it real hard not to smile this time of year. When I was just a small ting in caskadoos, I used to put on a brand new dress as colourful as carnival Tuesday to wear Easter Sunday morning. New shoes too. Well times tough child, and I can not afford a great big hat…but truss me, if yuh hunting for easter treats, look no further. Your resident nurse combines all yuh favourites: dais right babes! i round, i brown and i sweet. BALANCE!!!
While we’re on the subject of chocolate, I hadda have a quick word with the ladies. Remember me talking about the Carib Soca Monarch in Guyana. Well, God is good, ah tell yuh. I see a picture of him for the first time this week. Adrian Dutchin is a work of art. Let me put this in perspective for you. Not only is the man a prize winning soca artiste, he also looks like a cross between Fifty Cent and Pharell Williams. Take a moment, visualize. Yeah, I’m looking for a cheap flight to Guyana too.
If Dutchin is not your style, perhaps you prefer the long haired locks of Kes Diefthaller or Maximus Dan. Those two Trini Soca Stars are about to send a whole set of female fans screaming at Soca or Die Four. Did you remember to buy your early bird tickets, like I told you? I hope so, because those guys just got a little bit more famous. Last week two Trini songs were added to the soundtrack of a much anticipated video game. (hahaha) (I know de men ears must be perk up now). Fighter by “Maximus Dan” and “The Calling” by Kes The Band were selected for the sound track of EA’s 2006 FIFA World Cup. So whether you like to bunn’ your precious time on Xbox, Gamecube, PS2…or one of the others. At least, now can listen to soca while you do it!
Big News in Toronto this week as well. We’re lucky here to have a wide variety of musical and cultural programming available, no further than your radio dial. On Sundays, you get the best of the best with Doctor Jay (and me!) on Flow 935, right here on Soca Therapy. The Caribbean and African Radio Network just got their license approved by the CRTC. That means there will eventually be a station in the T-Dot broadcasting the diverse music, news and views of Africa and the Caribbean.
So what did I tell you, people? Nothing but the sweetest news this week. Next weekend Jamaica carnival with come to a grand climax with the road parade through Kingston, and based on the kind of fun they’re having so far…it go be sweet as well.
I’m nurse Karen and those are Doctor Jay’s Rounds. Send your comments to Soca at FLOW 935 DOT COM. Now back to de doctor…

0 x 2 cents (comment, nuh!):

SUBSCRIBE...

Enter your email address, to receive a daily update by email:

Delivered by (Nurse) Karen (Etc)

subcribe in a reader

Add to Google


Donate

CONTACT DE NURSE

Do you have news you think we should know about? Do you want to share your opinion about something your read on (Nurse) Karen (Etc). Call de Nurse for free from anywhere in the US or Canada! Click below to connect her phone to yours...

Follow (ETC)!

  © Nurse Karen Etc Nurse Karen Etc by Mustard Seed Media 2005 - 2009

Back to TOP