On De Scene: Spice and Co. alive again in Barbados!

>> Thursday, March 11, 2010



Soca world

Good morning I am still mentally in a congaline.... And Bump and Wining.

After 15 years one of the most greatest Caribbean Bands of all time took the stage for one night only in a venue in Barbados that has not hosted an event for over 35 years.

Spice & Co took to the stage last night to give their fans a proper 2 hour show with just some of their hits.

It was easily one of the top 3 shows I have even been to in Barbados. The crowd was in it from the start of the show Spice showed their versatility performing their track which range from rock to soca and reggae. 2 of the earlier crowd pleasers were their hit Rasta man was one of the crowd favourites along with 'Guns'. Their performance of 'Guns' started from the back of the crowd with the Barbados defense force band marching through the crowd and onto the stage playing the tune ... 'too many guns in this town...'

You know let me tell you the crowd was massive and from all walks of life in Barbados. They were all there to see a band that from my understanding n the 80's were performing just their own tracks and touring extensively. Back together for 1 night only.

Tell me which artiste opened for them? Do you know? That's right no one.
I had the pleasure of jumping into the crowd with the Mr Selwyne 'Get Bizi' Browne and cameras of Caribfyah.com. With the mic in my hand I was able to hear the sheer energy of the individuals in the crowd show came out to see spice. I tell you it was a real pleasure to have these happy patrons screaming and begging for some video light to express how much they loved spice.

Ok so some of you are thinking who the hell is Spice?
Well I know you know them because you know "bump and wine in de congaline" !!

I have not seen a longer congaline in my life! Personally I would have loved another 30 mins of just "bump and wine" but alas ...

The night ended with a major fireworks display the sent the last goose bumps through my spine.

All I can say is
Spice!
--
Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device.

Corey Graham 2.0

0 x 2 cents (comment, nuh!):

SUBSCRIBE...

Enter your email address, to receive a daily update by email:

Delivered by (Nurse) Karen (Etc)

subcribe in a reader

Add to Google


Donate

CONTACT DE NURSE

Do you have news you think we should know about? Do you want to share your opinion about something your read on (Nurse) Karen (Etc). Call de Nurse for free from anywhere in the US or Canada! Click below to connect her phone to yours...

Follow (ETC)!

  © Nurse Karen Etc Nurse Karen Etc by Mustard Seed Media 2005 - 2009

Back to TOP