Nurse's Lounge: Toronto Creole Festival

>> Saturday, September 6, 2008

Back in beautiful Toronto. If you haven't heard me say it before, this city is great. Toronto is where I was born and raised...and I really appreciate its vibrancy, diversity and charm. I woke up to rain absolutely everywhere....but NOW, it's sunny, warm and perfect for exploring. It's a good thing Bert from Black Berry Soundcrew let me know about Toronto's 1st Annual Creole Day.



It's a celebration of the history, music and culture of the islands that share a French colonial past...and the resulting hybridized indigenous tongue that combines French with African idioms. How's that for history?



I decided to walk down to Coronation Park on the Lakeshore to show a little support to my Dominican, Lucian and Haitian bros and sisses to make the most of my day. Umm....Kold Fusion, where were YOU????

Here's what I saw...







0 x 2 cents (comment, nuh!):

SUBSCRIBE...

Enter your email address, to receive a daily update by email:

Delivered by (Nurse) Karen (Etc)

subcribe in a reader

Add to Google


Donate

CONTACT DE NURSE

Do you have news you think we should know about? Do you want to share your opinion about something your read on (Nurse) Karen (Etc). Call de Nurse for free from anywhere in the US or Canada! Click below to connect her phone to yours...

Follow (ETC)!

  © Nurse Karen Etc Nurse Karen Etc by Mustard Seed Media 2005 - 2009

Back to TOP