Nurse's Lounge: Congratulations Mr. President!

>> Monday, January 26, 2009

A week ago today, I was trying to get an early night in order to rise early for President Obama's inauguration.  What an amazing experience.  Although I'm a writer, I've found it especially difficult attempting to express all the emotions that were bouncing around in my belly.


Now, I look back and remember one thing - genuine happiness.  I know the man is no saviour.  I know that his tool is goverment, and all institutions are as flawed as the people who power them.  I know all the critisms and doubts.  But I remember happiness.  On January 20, 2009 I began to believe in humanity.  I began to believe that people are indeed good natured and maybe it's true.  Maybe, just maybe all the fairytales and fables of our school days really do have some essential merit in teaching us that anything is possible.  

I hope I remember that forever.

It's my pleasure to share a few sights and sounds with you from the inauguration of America's 44th President, Barack Hussein Obama.





Congratulations Mr. President.  I wish you and your beloved nation the very best.

0 x 2 cents (comment, nuh!):

SUBSCRIBE...

Enter your email address, to receive a daily update by email:

Delivered by (Nurse) Karen (Etc)

subcribe in a reader

Add to Google


Donate

CONTACT DE NURSE

Do you have news you think we should know about? Do you want to share your opinion about something your read on (Nurse) Karen (Etc). Call de Nurse for free from anywhere in the US or Canada! Click below to connect her phone to yours...

Follow (ETC)!

  © Nurse Karen Etc Nurse Karen Etc by Mustard Seed Media 2005 - 2009

Back to TOP