Booster Shot: Miney is Grenada's Road March Queen

>> Thursday, August 14, 2008

I know what you're wondering...







Who is Miney? ...AND....What happen to Berbice, and Tallpree, and Lavaman, Boogie B, even Soca Banton? To tell you the truth. I really can't answer any of that.







However, I do know I've been vibing Miney's tune since Homebase Entertainment sent it to me weeks ago.







10 000 Masqueraders is Grenada's new Road March. The sound is significantly different from the anthems of years gone by. Two reasons: the artiste is still wet behind the ears and she is a SHE.





1000 Masqueraders (2008 Grenada Road March) - Miney







Here's what Miney had to say after learning her song got the most spins at judging points on Carnival Tuesday:








I would like to thank the Almighty Father, my parents and relatives, my co- writer Wayne Green, My number # 1 producer Shawn 'Mr Roots' Mitchell. For putting together the best road mixes Grenada has ever heard Kasey Phillips and Wayne Green. My performance Manager Deleon Walters for making me look good, all the rest of the Homebase Family. the DJ's cuz without you winning would not be possible. All the Radio Announcers, the Mas bands and the 10,000 Masquerader for loving the song. Friends and supporters who gave me the encouragement to fight on as a first time female artiste, www.partygrenada.com and Ritch Image Productions for the wonderful photos and everyone else who have given their support and words of encouragement, you know who you are.




Thanks to all





Miney






Congrats Miney!! Keep repping for all the ladies. I'm happy for you and GRENADA!!!




0 x 2 cents (comment, nuh!):

SUBSCRIBE...

Enter your email address, to receive a daily update by email:

Delivered by (Nurse) Karen (Etc)

subcribe in a reader

Add to Google


Donate

CONTACT DE NURSE

Do you have news you think we should know about? Do you want to share your opinion about something your read on (Nurse) Karen (Etc). Call de Nurse for free from anywhere in the US or Canada! Click below to connect her phone to yours...

Follow (ETC)!

  © Nurse Karen Etc Nurse Karen Etc by Mustard Seed Media 2005 - 2009

Back to TOP