Booster Shot: Saturday liming at Maracas Bay

>> Saturday, February 2, 2008

What a day! I didn't sleep long today in spite of the hours I'm keeping. Have to thank my partner Issues from London for insisting on ringing me rediculously early everyday. I'm happy for it, because we had lots to do.



For me, reaching the beach is essential anytime I touch down in the Caribbean. Understand, I'm liming with a Vincy who has a beach 20 paces from her front door...and a Trini who doesn't DO the beach in T&T...but I live in Canada. If I must remind you - it is Febuary...and me moomie say, yesterday was one wack-shus snow storm. So, ah going beach before I get back on that plane. I don't self care if the undertoe could drown a mermaid. We going, going, gone.



Maracas Bay is a beautiful stretch of whitish sand on some murky looking rough waters. For all the Trini's who have never visited other beaches in the Caribbean, please be advised. You might want to check out Accra Beach in Barbados, beautiful Grand Anse in Grenada, or very sexy Princess Margaret Beach in Bequia, St. Vincent and the Grenadines. Those are some of my faves. But you know what Maracas has that the rest of them don't? Bake and Shark! I love me some Trini food....even if inflation have the price nearly double what I paid last time. Thanks for the two big chunks of fish...and the uber greasy bake. I would cherish it forever.



I took a very short dip in the sea before realizing my swimming skills are no competition for violent waves. So, I joined the rest of the crew on the shore. My Posse, Dem Boyz and another Karen. She was cute, so I don't mind. I got eye witness accounts of the "robbery" that took place at soca monarch last night. Old talking over the sound of the waves was such a sweet repose from the Carnival madness. Mauby and Johnny Walker Black...try it. Darkness fell, and the temperature dropped too. The vendors closed up their stalls and music in the distance beckoned us back to the lights of the city.


I'm Nurse Karen and that's your Booster Shot. The night continues at Dawn...catch you when I come back!

0 x 2 cents (comment, nuh!):

SUBSCRIBE...

Enter your email address, to receive a daily update by email:

Delivered by (Nurse) Karen (Etc)

subcribe in a reader

Add to Google


Donate

CONTACT DE NURSE

Do you have news you think we should know about? Do you want to share your opinion about something your read on (Nurse) Karen (Etc). Call de Nurse for free from anywhere in the US or Canada! Click below to connect her phone to yours...

Follow (ETC)!

  © Nurse Karen Etc Nurse Karen Etc by Mustard Seed Media 2005 - 2009

Back to TOP