Nurse's Lounge: Adele at Massey Hall

>> Thursday, April 30, 2009

Quick one. I love soca. If you haven't realized that by now, you're probably illiterate. Moreover, I love good music. ALL kinds. This being the case, I was thrilled to receive a last minute phone call this evening inviting me to check out 2009 British-Best-New-Artist-Grammy-Award-Winning-Singer-Songwriter performing live at Toronto's legendary Massey Hall.

This amazing concert theatre shares the back alley with Flow 93.5 FM, so I know it well. Lemme correct that. I know the rats that live outside. The inside of Massey Hall, however, doesn't see me too often.

Tonight, it was a treat to get a complimentary orchestra level seat courtesy of a very talented Toronto-based singer/songwriter called Sage. She's a long time buddy who happens to be a friend of Adele's organ dude, Selan.

Beautiful show. The acoustics were crystal clear. Adele's voice is captivating, with a haunting elegance that defies the relaxed levity of her onstage persona. Her a cappella renditions vibrated to the rafters, and personally shook me deep. It was just enough to cause me to zone out for a while an think about my life, present and future...just how beautiful it is, when you work at it.

Because of my roles in the entertainment world, both as a soca music observer and spoken word performer, seeing live shows is a pretty regular thang. That's why it's so important to step out of the everyday settings and genres for a change. It helps me remember exactly why I enjoy what I do.

Art (music) is meaningful. Songs encourage thought, celebration, movement and action. Lyrics can inspire, uplift and even empathize when no one else is around.

Thanks Jeddiah, Sage, Selan...and Adele. I loved it!


If you want to take a musical journey into the world of Adele, sample her music here:

0 x 2 cents (comment, nuh!):

SUBSCRIBE...

Enter your email address, to receive a daily update by email:

Delivered by (Nurse) Karen (Etc)

subcribe in a reader

Add to Google


Donate

CONTACT DE NURSE

Do you have news you think we should know about? Do you want to share your opinion about something your read on (Nurse) Karen (Etc). Call de Nurse for free from anywhere in the US or Canada! Click below to connect her phone to yours...

Follow (ETC)!

  © Nurse Karen Etc Nurse Karen Etc by Mustard Seed Media 2005 - 2009

Back to TOP