Eye Unit: DJ Xavier interviews me on Boston's Caribbean Fire FM

>> Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Not long after arriving in Boston, my host Ras X made sure to take me around to meet the who's who of the city's Caribbean community. First stop was to a little radio station tucked away in the garage of a house in a residential area. There I met DJ Xavier, an upbeat, hilarious Dominican radio host that made sure to get the word out about who I am and what I do.


DJ Xavier

He was great at keeping the spirit light, as you will see. You will also see what the rain did to my poor hair! Later that night...I had to pay my respect by passing through his Carnival Friday event Boston Carnival Showdown. It was an outdoor backyard party with a live band in the pouring rain! (Actually, most of the weekend was like that) About five of us managed to get our party on even though the weather was cold and wet as the tropical storm passed over.

My chat with Xavier was lengthy, but fun! I had a great time highlighting some of the positive moves happening around the soca world. He asked me about some of my favourite people to interview, and which artists I consider to be good role models. Beyond all that we spoke about my involvements with Dr. Jay, Toronto-Lime.com and tt was also my pleasure to talk about some of MY city's top soca exports.

Hope you enjoy this little souvenir!




Love and Soca,

Nurse Karen

1 x 2 cents (comment, nuh!):

Buzz September 10, 2009 at 10:36 AM  

You all seemed to be having real fun in that studio!

SUBSCRIBE...

Enter your email address, to receive a daily update by email:

Delivered by (Nurse) Karen (Etc)

subcribe in a reader

Add to Google


Donate

CONTACT DE NURSE

Do you have news you think we should know about? Do you want to share your opinion about something your read on (Nurse) Karen (Etc). Call de Nurse for free from anywhere in the US or Canada! Click below to connect her phone to yours...

Follow (ETC)!

  © Nurse Karen Etc Nurse Karen Etc by Mustard Seed Media 2005 - 2009

Back to TOP