Nurse's Lounge: The long ROAD to Miami!

>> Wednesday, October 7, 2009


Do you believe in luck? It's hard not to accept its role when nearly everything that COULD go wrong does.  I"m gonna take my little layover in Charlotte, North Carolina to tell you how I got here in the first place.  Let's recap.  I'm going to Miami for Carnival.  I live in Toronto.  I had a morning flight in Buffalo, NY.  That airport is about 1.5 hours from my front door.

Yes, that's a long way.  However, flights originating in Toronto were selling for $300 more than I paid...and hey, have car, will drive. Let's be economical about this.  Do you like lists?

Things that went right                               Things that went wrong                                  
I got all my things packed                         I finished packing 6 hours later than I planned
I dressed for the weather                          It was raining
I checked in online                                   My printer ran out of ink
My car is running well                              I ran out of gas
There are gas stations en route                 They were closed
The Hamilton Escarpment is pretty            WTF was I doing there?
Police lady directed me to a station           It was in the wrong direction
I had no problems crossing the border       I have probs following directions
I got to the airport early                            It was the wrong airport
The doors were open                               No one was there
411 patched me to the airport police         Yup, wrong airport
Police directed me to the rt 1                    It was 40 mins away
Still had 1:30 till the flight                          I got off at the wrong exit
The parking shuttle dude pulled                I guess helping with my bags would
   right up to my car                                     be too much
Baggage drop is 45 mins b4 flight             I arrive 44 mins before the flight
The airline lady put me on the next flight    Well....Charlotte is nice!

I've got about 45 minutes until I actually get on a plane to Miami.  I think I'm doing pretty well.  It's not even 11 am, and I've already met four amazing strangers that really treated me far better than they had to.  I am grateful.  I also ran into the lady love of one of my best guy friends from childhood.  She was on the Charlotte flight too.  I had an awesome seat, with tons of leg room and I slept like a baby for the 90 minute flight. All in all, I feel blessed.   Shouldn't everyday begin with reasons to be thankful.  I think so.

Love and Adventure,

Nurse Karen  <--- follow me, it's gonna get better!

1 x 2 cents (comment, nuh!):

Ahmeda October 8, 2009 at 12:31 AM  

wow! much to be thankful for indeed! Seems like Gods got your back for realll! ;-)

SUBSCRIBE...

Enter your email address, to receive a daily update by email:

Delivered by (Nurse) Karen (Etc)

subcribe in a reader

Add to Google


Donate

CONTACT DE NURSE

Do you have news you think we should know about? Do you want to share your opinion about something your read on (Nurse) Karen (Etc). Call de Nurse for free from anywhere in the US or Canada! Click below to connect her phone to yours...

Follow (ETC)!

  © Nurse Karen Etc Nurse Karen Etc by Mustard Seed Media 2005 - 2009

Back to TOP