Q&A: One day with an artiste...who would it be?

>> Thursday, October 22, 2009

In the years that I've been covering soca, I have to admit I've met some fascinating people.  I'v even made a few good friends.  Artistes, like the rest of us, are regular people with hobbies, quirks and habits that colour their personalities in a unique way.

In life we often admire people who reflect ourselves in some way.  So being a fan, isn't always just about music.  Maybe you admire Fay-Ann Lyons for taking her career to the top while pregnant for the first time.  Maybe Edwin Yearwood's sexy voice puts you in a "certain" kind of mood.  Last night, a buddy told me that Denise "Saucy Wow" Belfon makes him consider dating "big girls"

When I first met mega-diva Destra Garcia, I was surprised to learn how down to earth she is. She had lots of questions for me about St. Vincent as she shared stories about her Grandfather and told me about her desire to learn more about her roots.

Most of us know that Maximus Dan is a huge football (soccer) fan.  Ever wondered if you could beat him on the field?

Ever since interviewing  Machel Montano, I've been curious to know what an HD jam session is like. Sounds like it's an intensely spiritual experience, and I might require a gas mask in order to breathe.


What about experimenting in the kitchen with college student Skinny Fabulous or going Christmas shopping with Lil Rick and his legion of kids.  Clubbing with Claudette Peters anyone?

Today's Q and A is for you!



If you could lime with any soca artiste for one day, who would it be and why?


Please post your 2 cents below!

Love and Soca,

Nurse Karen

P.S.  Here are some responses from our followers on Twitter

whitewinemusic @nursekaren Ras Shorty to understand where it came from


DEPONGCHUNEMAN @nursekaren : Fireman Hooper. The best #soca artist out 2day


Wukupnuff @nursekaren hangin with MJ could be very interesting. As for soca artist I would say David Rudder. How about urself?


ArchValenz @nursekaren Hmm. I'd love to meet Lord Shorty. And my favourite soca artiste of all time, Shadow.


logordo Faye-ann-I have been slacking with exercising and she was always good motivation! Lol 


MsPaigeMusic @nursekaren #qanda i'd lime with @edwinyearwood with the hopes of creating one helluva babymaking soca classic!


xdeguzman RT @nursekaren#qanda If you could hang out with one soca artist for a day, who would you choose and why? // faye ann.. to play wit d baby


ianandreespinet @nursekaren #qanda If I were to hang out w/ a soca artist for a day it would be Isaac Blackman to learn 1st hand soca history & storytelling


LPG13SoundIntl @nursekaren I would lime with Patrice Roberts and help her pick out new outfits for her performances#miniskirtsandpumps aye aye aye!


KWAM1ZZL3 @nursekaren destra...cuz she has a beautiful...voice


 @yoshxl  Alison Hinds and I'd walk a few paces behind her.. O_o


DancehallSoca @nursekaren Edwin Yearwood to learn how he come up wid dem sweet #Soca tunes


riridimples Its a toss btween Black Stalin and Baron








If you want to make some new friends or discuss these responses with the REAL people who sent them in, just go to www.twitter.com/username   [as in enter their username after the slash!]





1 x 2 cents (comment, nuh!):

Corey Graham 2.0 October 22, 2009 at 10:14 AM  

I would like to spend it with Machel preferably when he is thinking about his strategy and generally looking at music business as it relates to the Caribbean.
He is the first person I heard talking about the new model for the music industry and he's been able to make it into a reality kind of over the past 6 years or so. I am seeing the biggest entertainers in the game also going in a similar vain with 360 degree contracts.
I really respect that he thinking ahead.

SUBSCRIBE...

Enter your email address, to receive a daily update by email:

Delivered by (Nurse) Karen (Etc)

subcribe in a reader

Add to Google


Donate

CONTACT DE NURSE

Do you have news you think we should know about? Do you want to share your opinion about something your read on (Nurse) Karen (Etc). Call de Nurse for free from anywhere in the US or Canada! Click below to connect her phone to yours...

Follow (ETC)!

  © Nurse Karen Etc Nurse Karen Etc by Mustard Seed Media 2005 - 2009

Back to TOP