Booster Shot: Happy Birthday Ras X

>> Saturday, August 29, 2009

Hear what. I got to Boston yesterday afternoon. At that time of day, the sun was shining. The weather was warm and enjoyable...and I couldn't have been happier I decided to visit this beautiful city


Ras X and his partner came to pick me up and showed me a couple of historic areas, before bringing me over and cooking me up a calabash full of rice with steamed cod. What a welcome.

So, there I am, being treated like and absolute queen when I discover that today (Saturday) is Ras X's birthday. Immediately, I ask myself...why am I getting all the good treatment?

X is a positive guy, who has devoted 15 years of his life to doing community work with youth at risk in the city of Boston. He learned to play guitar and pan as a youth in Sion Hill, St. Vincent. Now he draws from all those skills to write and perform all his own music, both soca and reggae.

Today is Ras X's birthday...and it's carnival in his city! Join me in sending positive vibes to someone who works tirelessly to instill pride in the youth of our Caribbean community.

Because of the occasion, I thought the timing to be just right to introduce you to the music of Ras X.



Love and Soca,

0 x 2 cents (comment, nuh!):

SUBSCRIBE...

Enter your email address, to receive a daily update by email:

Delivered by (Nurse) Karen (Etc)

subcribe in a reader

Add to Google


Donate

CONTACT DE NURSE

Do you have news you think we should know about? Do you want to share your opinion about something your read on (Nurse) Karen (Etc). Call de Nurse for free from anywhere in the US or Canada! Click below to connect her phone to yours...

Follow (ETC)!

  © Nurse Karen Etc Nurse Karen Etc by Mustard Seed Media 2005 - 2009

Back to TOP