Nurse's Lounge: My first Boston Carnival

>> Friday, August 28, 2009

Boston-based soca artiste,
Ras X and Nurse Karen (St. Vincent, June 2009)
I'm on my way to Boston...like right now. Thanks to the wonders of modern technology...the internet is coming with me!

If you've never been to Bean Town for the festivities (like me), you probably know very little about it. So, allow me to do my best at filling you in. It falls one week before Brooklyn's West Indian American Day Parade, which means it is forced to compete with London's Nottinghill Carnival for both patrons and performers.

But from what I hear, that doesn't take much wind from its sails. Boston boasts an impressive King and Queen show, rivalled only by Caribana...so far as diaspora Carnivals go. Another main highlight is their celebration of J'ouvert...which is the MAIN thing visitors rave about when they come back.

I'm very excited to make the trip. Gotta big up Ras X and crew for their help and encouragement to get me out there. It's gonna be a great weekend...and God spare life...I'll tell you ALL about it.

Love and Carnival,


P.S. For more info on what goes on in Boston AND when...check out www.bostoncarnival.org/



0 x 2 cents (comment, nuh!):

SUBSCRIBE...

Enter your email address, to receive a daily update by email:

Delivered by (Nurse) Karen (Etc)

subcribe in a reader

Add to Google


Donate

CONTACT DE NURSE

Do you have news you think we should know about? Do you want to share your opinion about something your read on (Nurse) Karen (Etc). Call de Nurse for free from anywhere in the US or Canada! Click below to connect her phone to yours...

Follow (ETC)!

  © Nurse Karen Etc Nurse Karen Etc by Mustard Seed Media 2005 - 2009

Back to TOP