On de Scene : Red Unlimited Ignites Too EARLY ?

>> Monday, May 4, 2009

So most bands are out the gate for St.Lucia Carnival but the big Band Red Unlimited has had revelers restless. Most have not made definite decisions on where to play mas and the repeat revelers awaiting what section to play in . Red Unlimited was schedule to make their debut of “Reflections of Rio” on May 9th with their 2nd Annual Red Ignites featuring Onyan out of Antigua and the headliner the Mad Camp : RICKY T, ILLAH MAN, TEDDYSON JOHN and also Derek Yarde.

As of today there has been an email circulating with Red Unlimited portrayal and to be honest I eh know who leaked their costumes out but O LAWD! Costumes looking sweet and from the few revelers I have spoken to they keep chanting the last year band song “ We jumping in Red on the Highway “. Management maybe a bit disappointed that Saturday night anticipation may have gone but I can certainly guarantee this band will be SOLD out before June heats up!

After having a few words with Irvin Springer (Band Leader), he explained to me the leak was NOT intentional but revelers must understand that these costumes are NOT the final as adjustments are being made! So revelers I suggest you buy your ticket now to Red Ignites to see the final costumes.

But I will give yall a look at what I received in my inbox today.
Reflections of Rio




The leak has certainly impact a higher level of excitement in me and I am looking forward to Red Unlimited 2009 Mas. Last Year I know Soca DJ , Crown Prince played Mas there . Yute wha you saying we heading to Rio with Red Unlimited ?


Peace and Soca
Rochelle

3 x 2 cents (comment, nuh!):

the professor May 5, 2009 at 12:52 PM  

THE LEAK WAS DEFINITELY UNFORTUNATE BUT I HONESTLY THINK IT EVEN MORE UNFORTUNATE THAT YOU POSTED 1 OF THE PICS. THE PICS ARE OUT ALREADY REGARDLESS & IT'S NO FAULT OF THIS BLOG TRUE BUT I REALLY DON'T THINK YOU GUYS SHOULD HAVE JUMPED ON THE BANDWAGON. THE STORY COULD'VE BEEN POSTED SANS ATTACHED PIC. I'M A HUGE FAN OF THIS BLOG BUT SEEING THIS PIC ON HERE WAS A BIT DISAPPOINTING.

Rochelle K. Noel May 5, 2009 at 1:50 PM  

Dear Professor,

Yes, I agree it was an unfortunate matter and my first instinct was to withhold the picture but after much consultation with the band leader. He informed me there is not much damage that can be done since the pictures are already out there.

Nonetheless I do believe this post will not hinder Red Unlimited in any way. I am confident this has created more of a buzz. Bear in mind Nurse Karen Etc prides itself on bringing facts to the wider public, hence wanted to inform the wider public of the gossip and get the facts straight which I stated in the blog “these costumes are NOT the final as adjustments are being made” as per conversation with the Band Leader and he went further in allowing me to publish his name in this post. I do encourage persons to come out to the event on Saturday to see the FINAL product and I do hope I see you there!

the professor May 5, 2009 at 4:57 PM  

I REALLY DID APPRECIATE THE POST & SAW THAT YOU GUYS DID SPEAK WITH RU MANAGEMENT PRIOR TO POSTING. I'M ALSO OF THE OPINION THAT THE LEAK WON'T DO MUCH TO TAKE AWAY FROM THE SUCCESS OF THE LAUNCH BUT UNFORTUNATELY I WON'T BE ABLE TO MAKE IT SEEING AS I'M NOT IN SLU RIGHT NOW. BUT I JUST WANNA ASSURE YOU THAT I HAVE NO QUALMS WITH THE POST, SO DON'T GET ME WRONG, I JUST FELT THAT IT SHOULD'VE BEEN WITHOUT THE ATTACHED PIC. SO THIS IS BY NO MEANS MEANT TO BASH YOU GUYS CAUSE I DO APPRECIATE & ACKNOWLEDGE THE WORK THAT YOU GUYS DO.

SUBSCRIBE...

Enter your email address, to receive a daily update by email:

Delivered by (Nurse) Karen (Etc)

subcribe in a reader

Add to Google


Donate

CONTACT DE NURSE

Do you have news you think we should know about? Do you want to share your opinion about something your read on (Nurse) Karen (Etc). Call de Nurse for free from anywhere in the US or Canada! Click below to connect her phone to yours...

Follow (ETC)!

  © Nurse Karen Etc Nurse Karen Etc by Mustard Seed Media 2005 - 2009

Back to TOP