Nurse's Lounge: Bacchanal Wednesday Ah Reach!

>> Thursday, February 19, 2009

If you've never done the Trini Carnival thing, and you're looking for a big  fete with top artistes that won't cost you your month's rent to attend, give Bacchanal Wednesday a try.  Mind you it's not cheap.  Carnival time isn't the time for deals.  


After stick fighting, Rochelle and me rode west to Chagaramas.  We weren't sure what to expect, arriving at 1:00 am to an event that started at 9p.m.  Lucky for us, we were right on time to see performances from Kes the Band, Destra and her Band and Machel Montano HD.

My highlight was the Destra's performance of Obsessive Winers together with Alison Hinds and Denise Belfon.  Beautiful to see those divas on stage together!  I don't have any juicy news, or back stage scoop.  I spent the night liming with friends.  Ran into people I know from Toronto, Chicago, New York, Atlanta and Miami - united in soca!  YES!!!!!

Behind the scenes with Saucy WOW (one night later at UWI Fete)





Boo factor:  So Zen, as a patron of your event, I didn't appreciate that I had to purchase $100 worth of chits if I wanted to drink anything that all.  I wanted water!  Come on nah man...what is that one?

None the less, such a sweet welcome party! We lapped up 4 plus hours of fete, followed by nearly 2 hours of traffic.  Then I was out like a light.  

Ready for me next adventure!

Love and soca, 

(Nurse) Karen

P.S.  I wanna introduce you to a special guest contributor who will be helping me keep the blog up to date for the rest of the Trinidad Carnival season.  Please join me in welcoming my girl Rochelle from St. Lucia, here for her first go at Trinidad Carnival!  Make sure and read her posts and leave her lots of comments!  Lata!




0 x 2 cents (comment, nuh!):

SUBSCRIBE...

Enter your email address, to receive a daily update by email:

Delivered by (Nurse) Karen (Etc)

subcribe in a reader

Add to Google


Donate

CONTACT DE NURSE

Do you have news you think we should know about? Do you want to share your opinion about something your read on (Nurse) Karen (Etc). Call de Nurse for free from anywhere in the US or Canada! Click below to connect her phone to yours...

Follow (ETC)!

  © Nurse Karen Etc Nurse Karen Etc by Mustard Seed Media 2005 - 2009

Back to TOP