On De Scene : From J'ouvert to Carnaval!

>> Tuesday, February 24, 2009

If you come to play Mas you have to do j'ouvert, after all it is part of the whole Carnival experience. Well, Karen and I ,played mas with Yellow Devils and believe me ah go be playing there for a while (once I in Trinidad). The music was good, the vibe was good and de people , well de people they could party . So much love to the leaders of Yellow Devils I was more than impressed with their j'ouvert package. Sad to say, sleep got the best of me so I sneaked away very early to catch a snooze before hitting the road.

Both Karen and I overslept that morning and ended up reaching Evolution late (1p.m.). What appeared different to me , was the fact that most bands did not wear full costume on Monday which heightened my anticpation for Tuesday Mas. I wanna thank Dr. Jay ( who was one of the DJs with Evolution) for his assistance in making Evolution Carnival Band my first experinence. We chipped with Evolution all de way to sunset and then made a sneak - peak in TRIBE . After socializing for a few hours, I could hear from de corner my bed and gosh I ran home because there was no way I would have stamina for 7 a.m. on Tuesday if I partied all night.

Ah was up early, no way I was missing the morning. We met up with Evolution at the Mas Camp for 7a.m. Unfornately, I did not wear a costume beacuse my flight back home was only few hours away. Nonetheless I played Mas ! It was a sight to see all the colour combination from the different Bands.Music wise, well ah go tell you "it had a hold of me!" . Faye Ann "Superblue" seemed to be under alot of pressure with Destra "Bacchcanal" but we know who truly dominated grabbing the Road March title again!
Nurse Kare and I on the Road with Evolution Carnival Tuesday







I met up with different DJ's who seemed to be enjoying the Evolution vibe. I did sneak away to catch a glimpse of my St.Lucian posse in IslandPeople but time was against me , so at 3p.m. I left Karen and left de Mas to go catch my flight to St.Lucia.

I will admit that Trinidad Carnival is THE GREATEST SHOW ON EARTH , which is the slogan they echo throughout their ad's . I want to thank Nurse Karen for making it a great liming experience and others such as Tabia, Jef, Corey, Dr.Jay and all the other people who contributed to making it one of the best Carnivals yet ! Now ah hope all you, who reading making your plans to come play Mas with us here in St.Lucia in July . Pack ya bags and come and if you can't , no worries I will give you the Day to Day run down on the season. Thanks for joining us on our Trinidad Experience 2009 and we do hope you join us again as we journey through our different Carnivals and staying tuned to more Soca News!

Stay Blessed
Rochelle

0 x 2 cents (comment, nuh!):

SUBSCRIBE...

Enter your email address, to receive a daily update by email:

Delivered by (Nurse) Karen (Etc)

subcribe in a reader

Add to Google


Donate

CONTACT DE NURSE

Do you have news you think we should know about? Do you want to share your opinion about something your read on (Nurse) Karen (Etc). Call de Nurse for free from anywhere in the US or Canada! Click below to connect her phone to yours...

Follow (ETC)!

  © Nurse Karen Etc Nurse Karen Etc by Mustard Seed Media 2005 - 2009

Back to TOP