Nurse's Lounge: De Mas Shorts Tight...oh-oh no-no!

>> Monday, February 23, 2009

I dunno if I'm loosing my stamina or what, but that jump up nearly knocked me out today.  From Sunday dinner to Dimanche Gras, Dimanche Gras to J'ouvert, J'ouvert to Carnival Monday to B-E-D!  Carnival is WUK.




Rochelle and Me next to the Monday King "Apollo's Lust"



Rochelle and I arrive some kinda late, after sneaking a post-j'ouvert snooze.  Thank God for that Locate the Band service.  Whoever thought of that needs to get a pat on the back, a raise or maybe a free carnival cosue in 2010!  If you didn't hear about it, no worries.  This is a best kept secret I am happy to share.  On carnival monday and tuesday in Trinidad, if you're hoping to locate any of the mas bands, simple text the name of your band to "78247".  In about 3 seconds, they text you back with an intersection, and the direction they're headed.  USE it tomorrow!  Without that, we might have missed the whole thing.  

Evolution met up in Woodbrook about 10 a.m., we caught up with them down South Quay around 2 p.m.  Curtis Eustace was carrying that spinning "Apollo's Lust" costume.  He just placed second for King of Carnival with that.  That route is a long way to haul 400 lbs. Dr. Jay was chipping next to the truck in the fire hot sun.  Also saw Kerwin Du Bois in the band, but he hates posing for shots...and I didn't feel all that snap happy today.

Music was nice, but that's to be expected...is world class KOS DJs we talking about.  *wink*wink*  However, there were a couple of girls with no behaviour that decided to bring they beef to Carnival.  That really spoiled my vibe.   I hate jackassness all the same, but I sometimes expect men to play de @$$.  Now when when girls start shouting, carrying on and flinging bottles and ting...my patience runs out quick.  Just roll yuh bottom and wine.  Shut up and play yuh mas.  Stop ruining it for the rest. 

Evolution's Monday wear

<

Speaking of bottoms.  Check out the Monday wear they gave me to put on !?!  Um....  here's my take:  the tops were cute and comfortable, de shorts...steups.  I know is carnival, but not me and that!  Seems to be en vogue here in Trinidad.  I think I saw at least four bands with all the girls in these metalic semi-transparent, sweaty, pum-pum shorts.  I know it had to be men who chose them.  Sorry to break dress code, but dem kinda pants is too much information...if you know what I mean.

With an old pair of jean shorts and my modesty in tact, that's how it went down in Port of Spain today.   Noticed a few tribe trucks on the road.  Stormed for a bit and said a quick hello to Mr. Slaughter and de X-Caliber fellas.   Took a small wine on Daddy Juice and kept it moving.  

Love and Soca, 

(Nurse) Karen

0 x 2 cents (comment, nuh!):

SUBSCRIBE...

Enter your email address, to receive a daily update by email:

Delivered by (Nurse) Karen (Etc)

subcribe in a reader

Add to Google


Donate

CONTACT DE NURSE

Do you have news you think we should know about? Do you want to share your opinion about something your read on (Nurse) Karen (Etc). Call de Nurse for free from anywhere in the US or Canada! Click below to connect her phone to yours...

Follow (ETC)!

  © Nurse Karen Etc Nurse Karen Etc by Mustard Seed Media 2005 - 2009

Back to TOP