One De Scene: My first experience - Bacchanal Wednesday !

>> Thursday, February 19, 2009

Hi, I am Rochelle from one of de most beautiful islands in the Caribbean , St.Lucia. I am honoured to be covering my first Trini Carnival with the Nurse and you can bet your bottom dollar the atmosphere is everything I expected!

Last Night, was my very first trini fete having arrived at 1 a.m. because Karen and I had no intentions of attending the proclaimed Bacchanal Wednesday which was held in Chagaramas. Nonetheless we have no regrets!

Nurse Karen and I inside Bacchanal Wednesday





When we arrived, we were welcomed with the tunes of Kes the Band and Nadia Batson. Now before I continue, I must tell you all ,that I am a huge Nadia fan . Her vocals and lyrics are just captivating so when we spotted her public for a split second I was star stuck ,yes I was!



Nadia Batson and Myself at Bacchanal Wednesday









Anyways, back to de Bacchanal after Kes the Band and Nadia warmed de crowd up , Destra came on with her band ; and I must say I was more than impressed with Destra performance. Especially her inclusion of the two soca Queens (Denise Saucy Wow and Alison Hinds) on their 2009 track "Obessive Winers"! The performance and chemistry was indeed the highlight of the show for me.

As expected , Trinis went mad when Machel Montano HD came on stage , the crowd was literally going "wild like ants" . What a sight! Machel performed all de way to 5:30 a.m, for a second I thought he would not stop til sunrise. So for my first trini fete , I must admit I think ah catch some sorta party fever and I just want to party now, It is addictive ah tell you!

Many patrons will complain about the long traffic afterwards but I did not mind , because the company on the way home was great and I had a blast at Bacchanal Wednesday. So cheers to Zen for a great show , ah coming tonight again, for University Splash !

So stay tuned , Nurse thanks once again for having me on board.


Take care guys and if you eh in Trini , dont worry The Nurse and I will be giving you the 411 on all the events.

Peace, Rochelle !

2 x 2 cents (comment, nuh!):

Anonymous February 22, 2009 at 3:25 AM  

That fete was fantastic. And btw, I was the one that was invited by Montano to climb onto the stage! That was fierce, being onstage swing his rag!!!!

Anonymous January 4, 2010 at 8:42 PM  

Whatta pretty babes i'm seeing in that picture.

SUBSCRIBE...

Enter your email address, to receive a daily update by email:

Delivered by (Nurse) Karen (Etc)

subcribe in a reader

Add to Google


Donate

CONTACT DE NURSE

Do you have news you think we should know about? Do you want to share your opinion about something your read on (Nurse) Karen (Etc). Call de Nurse for free from anywhere in the US or Canada! Click below to connect her phone to yours...

Follow (ETC)!

  © Nurse Karen Etc Nurse Karen Etc by Mustard Seed Media 2005 - 2009

Back to TOP