Nurse's Lounge: Asylum and friends at Tribe Fete!

>> Friday, February 20, 2009

Carnival Thursday is now over, and I lived to tell the tale.  Here goes!  After a rather drawn out night at Extempo finals I scurried to file my report...so I could go out and lime!  The action began at Jenny's Car Park for Tribe All-Inclusive.  Last year, Tribe Fete ranked real high on my list. So I had to make a pass through.

Not to be all up in de gyal business, but I was looking forward to see exactly what shape Miss Fay-Ann's belly was taking at juncture in her pregnancy.  Pleased to report she's carrying high and round, with the cutest outtie bellybutton ever.  She even has dem nice juicy round cheeks on she face.  They don't call me Nurse for nothing!

Let me apologize,  I missed Kes the Band's set, and I wasn't able to stay for KMC, since I was making the rounds with the Asylum Family for the evening.  I dunno how these artists do it.  I'm here feeling tired after a couple of late nights.  When these guys have to be up and ready to for 2 to 4 performances everyday. 

The crowd was in love with Bunji, just like the good old days.  It was sweet to see he and wifey singing back up for Edwin Yearwood.  He would seem like and unlikely fit for Asylum, but it brought a sweet cool-out vibe that left viewers hoping for more.  


Beenie Man and Moi




Beenie Man was in the crowd, wining and enjoying himself, even though his song was part of the fete.  Bunji took it on solo and let old Moses loose out his waist.  


Then came a surprise!  Mr. Skinny Fabulous showed up at the corner of the stage, with a cordless mic in his pocket.  We said wassup and exchanged niceties, before he co-opted the hair elestic from my wrist and tied back locks. 

Then it was on.   Skinny performed head bad in the Asylum set.  He has just come from his performance with Machel at UWI Splash.  I found it weird that although he's in Trinidad performing in the HD entourage, Skinny got more time on stage at show he wasn't scheduled for than with HD the night before.  Me eh know.  

Skinny Fabulous and Nurse Karen



The performance was hype!  The two lyrics generals put their own extempo skills to the test for an impromtu freestyle session, poking a little fun at the fact that when Head Bad first dropped, a lot of Trinis thought it was a Bunji Garlin tune.  The crowd lapped it up, as they took a jump together On De Spot.  I bet ya, thanks to Garlin, Fay-Ann and the Fabulous one there's gonna be a lot more people reaching Soca Monarch tonight! 

God willing, I will too!

Love and Soca, 

(Nurse) Karen


0 x 2 cents (comment, nuh!):

SUBSCRIBE...

Enter your email address, to receive a daily update by email:

Delivered by (Nurse) Karen (Etc)

subcribe in a reader

Add to Google


Donate

CONTACT DE NURSE

Do you have news you think we should know about? Do you want to share your opinion about something your read on (Nurse) Karen (Etc). Call de Nurse for free from anywhere in the US or Canada! Click below to connect her phone to yours...

Follow (ETC)!

  © Nurse Karen Etc Nurse Karen Etc by Mustard Seed Media 2005 - 2009

Back to TOP