Booster Shot: Happy Belated Birthday Zoelah!!!!

>> Thursday, July 30, 2009

I'm late!! So sorry. I really meant to sneak these greetings in yesterday, but I was ( believe it or not) relishing my last moments of relative calm before the inevitable Caribana storm. Carnival again!


Zoelah, Skinny Fabulous and Me at Captain Johns in Toronto on Zoelah's Birthday last year

One of the of the artists slated to work the Toronto circuit this weekend is Zoelah. Today is just one day after her birthday. Hopefully this Caribana will turn out to be a fabulous way to kick off her new year.

I usually find videos or performance footage to share when announcing birthdays. However, I grabbed something special for ya. Right after Trinidad Carnival I interviewed Zoelah for a feature piece in St. Lucia's "YO Magazine" (Youth Oriented). It didn't print till the end of May. Now that July is over, don't you think it's about time you read it? LOL...I thought so too.

In the future, I'll do my best to share links to my printed articles more often. It's a great way for you to get more in-depth info on the artist you love. Fair enough?

In the meantime, join me in wishing Vincy soca singer-songwriter Zoelah, a very happy belated birthday.



May 23 2009
Zoelah; Making an Impact On Trinidad and Beyond
By Karen L. Richardson

Trinidad’s International Soca Monarch and Groovy Soca Monarch competition is known for two things; a spectacular show, and a very rowdy crowd. This year, however, one artiste successfully silenced a crowd of thousands as she confidently crooned the lyrics of Wine Up On Me. Her name is Zoelah.


To read more, check out the full article in:
YO Magazine!


Love and Soca,

Nurse Karen

0 x 2 cents (comment, nuh!):

SUBSCRIBE...

Enter your email address, to receive a daily update by email:

Delivered by (Nurse) Karen (Etc)

subcribe in a reader

Add to Google


Donate

CONTACT DE NURSE

Do you have news you think we should know about? Do you want to share your opinion about something your read on (Nurse) Karen (Etc). Call de Nurse for free from anywhere in the US or Canada! Click below to connect her phone to yours...

Follow (ETC)!

  © Nurse Karen Etc Nurse Karen Etc by Mustard Seed Media 2005 - 2009

Back to TOP