Nurse's Lounge: Junior Calypso and Soca Lime in VIncy (video)

>> Friday, July 24, 2009

Tuesday, June 30 - Junior Calypso and Soca

I’ve decided that Junior Calypso is my all-time favourite event on the Vincy Mas calendar. Maybe I’m secretly wishing I was still a hot blooded 13 year old. Maybe it’s cause they don’t sell popcorn and sno cones at Soca Monarch. I’m not sure why, but hands down, it’s my favourite midday lime on the calendar.

This time around my hankering for sea water caused me to arrive much later than I had planned. (see here)

I was so late! Missed all the Kaiso. I find the kiddies always bring throught provoking entries about matters that affect youth. It’s better than the newspaper. Good kaiso is the peoples’ voice. By the time we arrived at Victoria Park there were only a few more Junior Soca acts. I even missed my boy Hance, three time Jr Soca champ, who’s now singing with Hottsand!

3-time Junior Soca Monarch Hance, playing mas on Carnival Tuesday

I did, however, have time to see young Deneisha Simmonds who placed for her performance of Soca Body. Then there was soca bad boy Wetty B from Union Island, pushing the envelope straight into disqualification zone with a performance of his Steelpan song(PUM PUM). The Vincy Soca Dans shut down the show, with Luta, Fireman and Jamesy P performing their latest hits.

The future of Vincy Calypso and Soca

Here are a few clips of the late action at SVG Junior Calypso and Soca Monarch:


0 x 2 cents (comment, nuh!):

SUBSCRIBE...

Enter your email address, to receive a daily update by email:

Delivered by (Nurse) Karen (Etc)

subcribe in a reader

Add to Google


Donate

CONTACT DE NURSE

Do you have news you think we should know about? Do you want to share your opinion about something your read on (Nurse) Karen (Etc). Call de Nurse for free from anywhere in the US or Canada! Click below to connect her phone to yours...

Follow (ETC)!

  © Nurse Karen Etc Nurse Karen Etc by Mustard Seed Media 2005 - 2009

Back to TOP