On De Scene: HITZ 103.7 Soca Swing and the big Vincy fetes THIS weekend

>> Saturday, June 6, 2009

So on Sunday May 31, HITZ 103.7 held our annual Soca Swing Show, which could be summed up in one word. MAD, CRAZY, SWEET, BASHMENT.... Ok, daz more than one, but any one will do. The only difference between that and Soca Monarch, was that the stands weren't full. But then again... who comes to Soca Swing to sit?

I knew it was going to be wild (oh, that another word to add to the list above) cuz from about 8:30 when the dj's were just getting things warm, there were about 2 or 3 crews already following the orders of Skinny Fabulous, and were Misbehaving. (aye, allyuh hear that tune yet? MURRDOOOO!) And none more so than the Bushwackers. With the flag man leading the charge, they followed him everywhere he went, like the children in the Pied Piper of Hamlin. Running around the ground, up and through the stands...jumping from one stand to the other. At one point I didn't see them at all, so I figured he went to bathroom...and they followed.

The performers didn't dissapoint either. Although some ppl felt Skinny's set was rushed. And it was, due to time constraints. The Police on a whole different vibe this year, I don't know what bug crawled up... uuhhh.. anyway... another time and place for that.

Then last night, I tek me brightness and gone Peto (Petit Bordel, if you not Vincy.. or if you forget) for Soca Fest. LAWD. OYE. WHOOEEEE. Some body say round de clock!!! Ah hope yuh hear, when I left there after 4 this morning, it was to go straight to work on air for 6. But ah done sleep, daz why I could write this now.

Well tonight is to the Park for me, cuz I have to emcee the Caribbean Soca Explosion, which features from SVG, Hottsand, Kyron Baptiste, Bomani, Icon, and from the region: Daddy Chess of Dominica, Shaki from St. Kitts, Mantius from St. Lucia, Lava Man from Grenada, Lima Calbio for TNT and the Fire Empress of Tobago.


Tonight is also HOT 97's H2O Wet Fete. Now due to the fact that I have to work at the other show, I won't be at that. So I'll just have to tell allyuh what I hear bout it.

So till next time pplz, Keep on gruvin'!


Mis Behaving (2009 St. Vincent) http://www.myspace.com/skinnyfabulous - Skinny Fabolous

1 x 2 cents (comment, nuh!):

Karen L Richardson June 6, 2009 at 10:39 PM  

Sounds like an action packed weekend man. I hope you're drinking your vita malt and keeping strong!

SUBSCRIBE...

Enter your email address, to receive a daily update by email:

Delivered by (Nurse) Karen (Etc)

subcribe in a reader

Add to Google


Donate

CONTACT DE NURSE

Do you have news you think we should know about? Do you want to share your opinion about something your read on (Nurse) Karen (Etc). Call de Nurse for free from anywhere in the US or Canada! Click below to connect her phone to yours...

Follow (ETC)!

  © Nurse Karen Etc Nurse Karen Etc by Mustard Seed Media 2005 - 2009

Back to TOP