On De Scene : St.Lucia Offical Opening !(PART TWO)

>> Wednesday, June 3, 2009

So went to de media booth to rest my feet and met up with Radio personality Mikey Mike Rogers from The Wave and he was giving me a little insight about their Big Show, Outrageous in Black come Carnival Friday, which will feature the Queen of 2009, Fayann and Bunji Garlin alongside de Alsyum Band. Now I go leave that for another time.

Mikey Mike and I at the Opening of Carnival





The band display went on till night , as each band encouraged potential revelers as well as media to go to their Band booth to register and to get to know more about their packages for 2009.

Now what is carnival without a hype! Spotted Mr. Barrie Hype on his home soil taking in the carnival season , Ah sure hope I see him in a band come Carnival Monday and Tuesday ! We proceeded backstage,artists were preparing to MASH up the place as this was the culmination of the entire show.

Barrie Hype and Myself Backstage Opening of Carnival



Backstage the energy was tense artists alongside producers geared up. I did catch a glimpse of few persons who I know is contributing heavily to this year’s music.

Myself and Alpha Before hitting the Stage




Myself, Smokes and Rankin Backstage (Read More)




Myself and Manitus Backstage



Now what is St.Lucia Carnival without de Mad Camp (Illah Man, Teddyson John , Ricky T), unfournately I wasn’t able to stay for their performance but I know those three guys DELIVER ! And with all three having heavyweight tunes under their belt already, no doubt they may have close off the show with a Bang!

Myself and the Mad Camp (L- R Teddyson, Ricky T, Ilah Man)



Overall the show was dragged and I doe care 15 or 20 bands that segment could have been condensed to allow patrons of de event to savour the juice of de show. I am excited that we have come out strong with 15 bands but ah sure hope those bands reach their target numbers. I wanna extend thank you to Mr. Greggar Deterville from http://www.scruffyimages.com/ who helped and taught me to take the few shots in this post. I would also like to thank Shane Larcher from http://www.slucarnival.com/ for chaperoning me through my first Media Coverage of St.Lucia Carnival Opening.

I anticipate a fruitful season for St.Lucia Carnival and you guys have full access to it all. Til next time

Peace and Soca
Rochelle

0 x 2 cents (comment, nuh!):

SUBSCRIBE...

Enter your email address, to receive a daily update by email:

Delivered by (Nurse) Karen (Etc)

subcribe in a reader

Add to Google


Donate

CONTACT DE NURSE

Do you have news you think we should know about? Do you want to share your opinion about something your read on (Nurse) Karen (Etc). Call de Nurse for free from anywhere in the US or Canada! Click below to connect her phone to yours...

Follow (ETC)!

  © Nurse Karen Etc Nurse Karen Etc by Mustard Seed Media 2005 - 2009

Back to TOP