On De Scene: Top Crop Over tunes at Brewsters Road

>> Saturday, June 20, 2009

Bold
(L-R) fan, cG 2.0, Lil rick,Katrina Chandler (Country Life Ent), Dwaingerous

Hi y'all,

I am walking out of Brewsters Road now (at 7:30 am) and felt the need to make sure the worldwide soca crew are aware of the clear hard hitters in the Crop Over parties thus far.
This was the launch of the Barbados 246. I didn't get to see the entire show they put on, so I can't comment. I was busy making sure all my TV crew were sorted for the night and there were one or 2 issues that caused me to miss the stage show.

I didn't hear the crowd raving or oohing and ahhing at the performance as much as I expected. But, I can tell what happened after 4 am when we stopped filming and I joined the party.

In de middle of the road - Edwin Yearwood
Riddim section - Mikey
See me and don't see me - Salt

These are the ones I heard get rotated over and over again, people saying the Edwin tune has the Road March based on what has been released so far.

The highlight for me at this time was to see some of the artistes- Khiomal, Mikey, Lil Rick, etc who performed on the 246, come into the crowd and get on bad. I mean get on bad! Mikey leading the charge of his riddim section in the party. Lil Rick was one that really had a blast and the DJ Alvin "Soca Superman" Toppin alongside Pete Rock playing a Lil Rick session and Rick running through the crowd and getting challenged by any and everyone...
It was good to see the promoters, media and other players involved in the season actually getting a moment to enjoy it all.

It was true Brewsters Road Crew style at 6:30 in the morning.

Let me take this time to offer my condolences to Trevor a member of the Brewsters Road Crew who lost his mother recently. Wishing you and your family all the best man.

To those of you with the opportunity to enjoy one or more of these Caribbean summer carnivals, from the words of Rupee - "Enjoy yourself in the mas cause you never know this could be your last."

Soca is us,
Corey Graham 2.0

2 x 2 cents (comment, nuh!):

knyx June 20, 2009 at 7:43 PM  

Sounds like jouvert morning REACH! LOL...Sooooo wish I was there...sigh...Take(give) winesss fuh meh eh!

Rochelle K. Noel June 20, 2009 at 11:51 PM  

o gosh sounds like yuh had a time corey !!
Agreeed lemme echo you "enjoy urself in de mas cuz u never know it maybe your last"
Wish i could swim over to learn how to real wuk up!

SUBSCRIBE...

Enter your email address, to receive a daily update by email:

Delivered by (Nurse) Karen (Etc)

subcribe in a reader

Add to Google


Donate

CONTACT DE NURSE

Do you have news you think we should know about? Do you want to share your opinion about something your read on (Nurse) Karen (Etc). Call de Nurse for free from anywhere in the US or Canada! Click below to connect her phone to yours...

Follow (ETC)!

  © Nurse Karen Etc Nurse Karen Etc by Mustard Seed Media 2005 - 2009

Back to TOP